When you’re luck is in, your luck is most definitely, in. That must have been how one rollercoaster rider felt when they managed to drop their iPhone mid-ride, only for someone behind them to manage to catch it as he flew past.
The rollercoaster, in Port Aventura, Spain, was traveling in excess of 130km/h (80mph) when the miracle occurred. Rollercoaster rider and iPhone-catcher Samuel Kempf shared video of the event, as well as his rundown of the action, on YouTube.
I was in Spain at Port Aventura on shambhala ride and saw the person a few rows ahead drop their IPhone X. long story short I caught it. this roller coaster is moving at over 130kms…was once Europe’s tallest and fastest coaster.. only recently beaten.
He was super surprised and happy at the same time… He gave me a big hug and said he was going to buy the on-ride video for me.
We can’t imagine the feeling of dropping an iPhone while on a rollercoaster, but we suspect it’s countered somewhat by the elation of finding out that someone was able to catch it. Having said that, we’ve heard about iPhones falling unlikely distances and surviving so who knows. This iPhone X might have surprised us all and lived to tell the tail regardless.
Thankfully, the iPhone’s owner didn’t have to find out the hard way.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 / 13.1 GM Download Expected Released Date For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook