Jailbreak developer Pwn20wnd has today announced the release of unc0ver 3.6.3. And much to the chagrin of those with 2018 iPhones, this isn’t the release that brings Apple A12 support. It does, however, fix issues with older devices.
The jailbreak community is waiting impatiently for an update to unc0ver that adds support for Apple’s latest iPhones, but that is still not ready.
Instead, this update – and the one before it – works to improve the situation with Apple A7 and A8 devices. In fact, the changelog for this particular update is pretty thin on the ground with Pwn20wnd simply saying that the update “fixes an issue with finding kernel offsets on A8” devices.
This update follows the release of unc0ver 3.6.2 that itself didn’t come with a huge list of fixes. Instead, it again focused on A7 and A8 devices.
Fix an issue with the kernel virtual memory access APIs on A7-A8 devices that rendered the jailbreak useless by causing it to fail to copy big kernel data (Error known as: “Unable to copy container profile in kernel memory.”)
The current version can be downloaded directly from the unc0ver website right now over at unc0ver.dev, so if you’ve been having problems with A7 or A8 devices this might be worth taking for a spin. Everyone else, it’s probably not really worth your time.
If you’re using an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR then you’re still out in the cold. And with the 2019 iPhones set to be announced in a matter of hours, that’ll be another round of processors that need jailbreaks, too.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 12.4:
ion_center?add_user=technewsblog4uTV” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 / 13.1 GM Download Expected Released Date For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook