Apple is a company that is often accused of not really “getting” gaming, but that hasn’t stopped it from sliding in as the planet’s fourth-biggest gaming company.
That’s according to a new report by analysts at Newzoo which says that the App Store is helping make the iPhone one of the biggest game companies on the planet.
Throughout the Global Games Market Report, Newzoo covers the top 35 public companies whose business is gaming. Tencent, Sony, and Microsoft make up the top three spots with Apple sitting fourth. Activision Blizzard is in fifth place. Another interesting fact is that the top 35 companies make up 82% of the global games revenues for 2018 with the top five raking in 43% collectively.
Of those top five companies, Apple earned a reported $9.45 billion from gaming which is a healthy 18% up on 2017. That’s also a sum that is likely to increase in the future with Apple Arcade arriving later this year.
Apple Arcade will allow games fans to pay a monthly fee to get access to some of the best games on Apple’s platforms. Pricing hasn’t yet been confirmed, but it promises to be a big deal for developers and fans of top-notch games alike.
Mobile gaming continues to grow and currently makes up for 45% of the global gaming market. Of that, 80% comes from smartphone gaming alone which is mind boggling no matter which way you slice it.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Profile Download Free Along With iPadOS 13 Will Be Available This July, Confirms Apple
- Download iOS 13 iPadOS Beta 2 OTA Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [Tutorial]
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Including iPadOS 13 Beta 2
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook