A selection of additional screenshots depicting the soon-to-be-released Sileo Cydia replacement has been shared via Twitter. The dedicated @GetSileo Twitter account, which has been silent for a week or so, has popped up once again with a selection of attachments showing off what is presumably the finalized Sileo UI.
The latest content to be shared by the Sileo account shows a number of important aspects of the Sileo experience.
The first image shows what looks to be a dedicated package page, highlighting the name and developer of the package as well as some screenshots of the installation as well as a small snippet of information about the product.
The said account has also shared a screenshot of the Search functionality and UI in action as well as a screen showing all of the installed repositories and added sources. Finally, the third and final screenshot shows an individual package being queued up for installation.
One thing that is immediately clear is that Sileo isn’t a million miles removed from the Cydia package that it is looking to replace on all devices jailbroken using the Electa jailbreak. It’s evident that the developers have tried to stay very close to the original Cydia package in terms of design whilst giving the experience a lick of paint and making the user interface and experience fresh and modern.
Sileo hasn’t been designed and put in place because Cydia is not fit for purpose, but more down to the fact that it’s no longer supported as quick as it once was. It’s for that reason that the developers behind Sileo haven’t really tried to reinvent the wheel but put something in place that is usable and has a familiar UI and UX.
It’s extremely good and positive to see progress being made but jailbroken device owners will want to know “when” Sileo is going to be released. The timescales are more important than seeing flat screenshots of an app that is yet to actually see the light of day. The tweet is accompanied with text that specifies that the package is “coming soon” so let’s hope the development team puts some additional context on that release sooner rather than later.
Still wondering how Sileo is pronounced for the day when it finally lands? Check out our post on the subject here: Here’s How To Pronounce Sileo Cydia Replacement The Right Way.
(Source: @GetSileo) [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone Xs / Xs Max 10W Fast Wireless Charger: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 12 GM Download And Release Date
- iOS 12 Jailbreak Security Exploit Discovered, Read And Write Privilege Achieved
- Download iOS 12 Beta 12 IPSW Links, OTA Update To Fix ‘A New iOS Update Is Now Available’ Error
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 / iOS 12: Developer Teases Another Possible PoC
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 12 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Download iOS 12 Beta 12 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook