CES is just a few days old but one of the biggest stories to come out of the event right now is the fact that multiple TV manufacturers are adding support for Apple AirPlay 2 to their upcoming and existing units.
Companies like Samsung, LG, and Sony have all announced new models that will include support for AirPlay 2, and now Apple has also shared a full list of the models that it has signed off on.
If you’re hoping that your existing TV will receive a software update to give it the same AirPlay 2 support, this is the list for you. Unfortunately we haven’t yet seen sign that popular, more budget-friendly companies such as Hisense or TCL will be joining the fun, though.
With the inclusion of AirPlay 2, supported models will allow users to stream movies, TV shows, audio, and even photos directly from an iOS device or a Mac. That will make it easier than ever to get content onto the big screen and with some of these models also receiving HomeKit support, they will be include Siri control alongside a space in the Home app. All of this comes at a time when Apple is expected to launch its own video streaming service at some point this year.
According to Apple, the following models will receive AirPlay 2 support.
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X series (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019)
- Samsung QLED Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 8 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 7 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 6 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 5 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 4 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony X950G Series (2019)
- Sony X850G Series (2019 85″, 75″, 65″ and 55″ models)
- Vizio P-Series Quantum (2019 and 2018)
- Vizio P-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio M-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio E-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio D-series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
You may also like to check out:
Like this post on Facebook