In iOS 13, here’s how you can set and share custom name and photo in iMessage on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device.
One of the new additions to iOS 13 is the ability to create a custom iMessage profile that includes your name and a photo. That profile is then sent to friends when you send them an iMessage, preventing them from being stuck with a default icon on the other side. It also means they’ll always know who is sending them a message, even if you’re not in the contacts list.
This being iOS, you can also use a Memoji as your profile picture if that’s your jam. Animoji support is also included, too.
Setting s custom profile up is pretty easy, although you’ll need to have iOS 13 installed in order to do it. Here’s how to get it all sorted out.
Step 1: Open the Settings app and tap Messages.
Step 2: Tap the Share Name and Photo option.
Step 3: Here, you can tap the Camera button to take a new photo or tap All Photos to choose one that already exists on your device.
Step 4: Once a picture has been chosen, you’re given the chance to change the framing. Tap Choose once done.
Step 5: You can now add a filter to your image, too. Tap Original to skip or select a filter before tapping Done on the next screen.
Step 6: Now you can tap the empty fields to enter your first and second name before making sure that the Share Name and Photo toggle is in the ON position.
Step 7: Finally, select who you want to share the profile with – Contacts Only, Always Ask, or Anyone.
If you’d prefer to go the Animoji or Memoji route, you can do that, too. The process is the same except step 3. Here, select an Animoji from the default list. If you have a Memoji, it will be shown there, too. Once you select the Animoji or Memoji, you can also select a new background color and pose before saving your changes.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Profile Download Free Along With iPadOS 13 Will Be Available This July, Confirms Apple
- iOS 13 Beta 1 OTA Configuration Profile And iPadOS 13 Download Not Released Yet, Here’s Why
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook