Google is finally rolling out its brand new Live View feature built right into the Google Maps experience. With this feature, it’s possible to get AR-based turn-by-turn features and functionality for walking directions. We’re going to show you how to use it on your smartphone.
Google has been testing this feature for quite some time now. Most people have probably used Google Maps for walking directions in a new city or location and been entirely flummoxed about which direction to take on a crossroads or a busy intersection. The standard maps experience with the top-down view doesn’t really help that situation. Now, thanks to Live View and the fusion of the real world and the digital via augmented reality, it’s now possible to get the clarity that’s needed to ensure that you don’t get lost again.
Jump right into the directions below to get up to speed with how to use this new game-changing functionality.
Step 1: Fire up Google Maps on your device and bang in a location that has an available Street View offering. On the bottom action bar, you will see a Directions button. Tap that.
Step 2: Once you tap that button, you will see a new view with a Start AR button in place. Tap on that button to invoke the AR walking functionality, which overlays directions on your screen with the real world still visible.
That’s all that you need to do to get the new Live View functionality up and running. You should now be good to go.
You will need to keep in mind that Google is in the process of rolling this new Live View functionality out on what is likely going to be a staged basis. This means that you may not have it on your device right now. With that said, the directions will remain valid and as soon as Google rolls the feature out to your region, then you can dive right in and get up and running with the glorious AR-based goodness that is the new Live View functionality in Google Maps. Enjoy!
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 7 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook