Apple released the iOS 12.4 update to the public earlier this week and while the previous beta releases didn’t have anything of note, that wasn’t the case for the final release. Instead, Apple added a new iPhone migration utility.
That utility joins iCloud restorations as another method for setting up new iPhones without starting afresh. With the new migration utility, users can copy their data across to a new device so long as it is nearby.
If you want to take the new iPhone migration utility for a spin the next time you set up a new iPhone, here’s how to do just that.
Step 1: During the setup process of a new device bring it close to your existing iPhone. A Quick Start pop-up will appear. Tap “Continue” to and authenticate using either Face ID or Touch ID.
Step 2: Just like an Apple Watch, the new device will show a 3D object that needs to be scanned using the old iPhone. You can also authenticate manually if needed.
Step 3: Enter the passcode of your old iPhone into the new one. You’ll also be prompted to configure Face ID or Touch ID, too.
Step 4: You’ll be asked how you want to transfer your data. You can do so wirelessly by tapping “Transfer from iPhone” or use a wired connection by tapping “Other Options” and making your selection.
Step 5: Finally, complete the setup process by following the on-screen prompts.
And then you’re done. All of your data will have been transferred, including passwords and accounts. Apps will download via the App Store, but they’ll all arrive in due course.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 12.4 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook