Here’s a tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 using Electra with computer on 64-bit iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch using this semi-untethered jailbreak solution, developed and released by CoolStar.
You may have heard about Electra and want to get your device liberated with it immediately. However, before you dive in, it’s prudent to actually understand what you need to proceed and have yourself prepared.
Before proceeding, it’s worth noting that this is still semi-untethered solution, which means that the Electra app will need to be opened and the device re-jailbroken each time it is rebooted or powered down. It’s also worth reiterating that Electra does NOT install Cydia or Substrate as these are not yet compatible with iOS 11. However, it does come bundled with the Comex-developed Substitute which allows tweaks to be installed as it’s an alternative to Saurik’s Substrate. With all of that in mind, let’s dive right in, and start by checking out the the requirement checklist below:
- Devices and firmware supported by Electra: This is a jailbreak for iOS 11.0 through to iOS 11.1.2, which means that it only supports 64-bit devices with those firmware versions installed. So, that’s all 64-bit devices including Apple’s latest hardware, iPhone X, and iPhone 8/8 Plus.
- The excellent and highly versatile Cydia Impactor tool developed and released by Jay Freeman. You can grab it for free from cydiaimpactor.com.
- The latest version of iTunes.
- A PC or Mac running Windows or macOS.
- A free or full developer ID, which can be obtained from developer.apple.com using an existing or new Apple account.
- And, of course, the latest Electra IPA file, which can be obtained from our previous coverage here.
The process to jailbreak is listed below, and, in all honesty, is relatively simple.
Step 1: Make sure that the iOS device in question is connected to the PC or Mac by cable. Before you even attempt to go through the Electra installation process you should be capturing a full backup of that device using the latest version of iTunes. This just protects you and your date in the event that something might go wrong when Electra gets involved.
Step 2: Launch the latest version of Cydia Impactor that you have downloaded as part of the requirements above. Drag the latest Electra IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor window and wait for the prompt regarding your Apple ID credentials. Add in the relevant Apple ID email and password to confirm. Once those credentials are accepted, Cydia Impactor does the heavy lifting and sideloads the IPA onto the connected device.
NOTE: If Cydia Impactor is entirely new to you then it may be worthwhile checking our detailed guide on how to use it to sideload IPA files, here: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How.
Step 3: Now, once the Electra IPA is installed on the device, before it will launch you need to head to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management and select the profile which has been installed with the Electra app. Select Trust and then Trust again on the resulting alert. You can now head back to the Electra app and tap the icon to launch it.
Step 4: Once Electra loads, you will be presented with a fairly standard looking iOS app with a minimal UI and big Jailbreak button in the middle of the screen. Simply tap this button, making sure that the Tweaks toggle is ON, to allow Electra to go to work and wait for it to do what it needs to do.
Once complete, you should be able to start installing tweaks with something like Tweak Installer.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 Update: SEP On Latest Firmware Compatible With 11.1.2 For Downgrade Purposes
- Enable iPhone FaceTime App In UAE / Dubai Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Kodi Web Interface Not Working? Here’s How To Enable It The Right Way
- Download iOS 11.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Featuring New Animoji, iMessage Business, More
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To 11.1.2 For Jailbreak Purposes, Is It Possible?
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]
Like this post on Facebook