Here’s how to jailbreak your A12 / A12X iPhone or iPad device on iOS 12.4 using unc0ver jailbreak tool the right way.
Great news, jailbreakers! The team behind the extremely popular unc0ver tool has managed to work their magic once again by bringing in support for A12 Bionic devices running iOS 12.4. With this release, version 3.7.x of unc0ver brings that highly-anticipated A12/12X Bionic support.
One of the great things about this jailbreak is that it differs slightly from other offerings as it has been revamped from the inside-out to ensure that the process is smooth, clean, and doesn’t involve any PAC bypass. All-in-all, a very smooth and positive experience. Let’s dive right in.
First and foremost, let’s take a look at which devices are compatible with this process:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad mini 5
- iPad Pro, 11-inch (2018 model)
- iPad Pro, 12.9-inch (2018 model)
So, your device is supported, but it’s worth throwing some context in. Version 3.7.x of unc0ver only supports A12/12X Bionic devices running iOS 12.4. It will not offer support or compatibility for firmware older than iOS 12.4, or for iOS 12.4.1. Keep that in mind when attempting to jailbreak your device as it should help in the removal of frustrations.
Now, let’s take a look at some things that you need to know and do prior to attempting this process. The ‘pre-requisites’, if you will:
- The latest version of Cydia Impactor, which can be downloaded from CydiaImpactor.com.
- Of course, you also need unc0ver 3.7.0 IPA as well. That can be downloaded from here.
- You will need to remove any previously downloaded over-the-air update files from your device. Head to Settings > Storage, remove any displayed downloaded OTA file and then reboot your device.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device, using either iCloud or iTunes to ensure that you don’t lose any of your data
- An important step is to make sure that Find My iPhone is disabled, and that you switch on the Airplane mode.
With the requirements checked, time to move onto some jailbreaking!
Step 1: To begin, you need to sideload unc0ver 3.7.x IPA onto your compatible iPhone or iPad. For instructions on how to do that, check out our guide on this subject here: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How.
Step 2: Once this latest version is installed, head to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and then select the profile which lives against the unc0ver installation. Select Trust & then Trust again in order to accept the installed certificate.
Step 3: Once you have trusted the certificate, you can launch the unc0ver app from your Springboard. Tap the Jailbreak option to start the process and let the app run through its magic.
It will reboot the device as part of the jailbreak execution and then leave you on the Home screen with the Cydia icon installed.
And there you have it! You will be left with a device powered by Apple’s A12 Bionic and liberated with Cydia ready for action.
Here’s a video tutorial showing it all in action:
ion_center?add_user=technewsblog4uTV” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone Released
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Fix iOS 13 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Download iOS 13 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 13 Could Not Activate iPhone Activation Error After Update, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 No Service Issue After Upgrade, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Photos Camera Roll Missing?: Check “All Photos” Section
Like this post on Facebook