Apple has today released an updated version of Shortcuts, adding support for some new Notes actions alongside other changes. The new Notes actions are likely to be well received, and include Create Note, Append to Note, Find Notes, and Show Notes.
Beyond the additional support for Apple Notes, the update also includes a new Get Numbers input action that makes it easier for users to retrieve numbers from text. There’s also a Get Time Travel action that offers more details on travel data including route name, distance, and arrival times.
This update, bringing Shortcuts up to version 2.2, also brings with it a number of bug fixes and improvements, although we’re not likely to know what they actually are. The full release notes don’t go into details in that regard, but they do outline the ability to tap on the Library tab to scroll to the bottom of a long list of Shortcuts.
- Create and access Notes in your shortcuts with the new Create Note, Append to Note, Find Notes, and Show Note actions
- Pull out numbers from text using the new Get Numbers from Input action
- Tapping on the Library tab will now scroll to the bottom of your shortcuts list
- Get Travel Time now returns more details, including route name, arrival time, and distance
- Bug fixes and improvements
The newly updated Shortcuts can be downloaded from the App Store right now, and is free for all iPhone and iPad users. We’d suggest downloading it even if you don’t expect to use those new actions, too. The app is one of the best productivity tools around.
You may also like to check out:
Like this post on Facebook