Apple’s Wallet app is home to all kinds of cards, including student IDs. Now the company has announced that it is expanding support for contactless student IDs via the Wallet app with multiple new universities coming online.
The move comes ahead of the start of the 2019 school year.
The number of new universities that will be able to use the contactless IDs is sizeable. In fact, Apple says that more than 100,000 students will be able to use their iPhone or Apple Watch in lieu of ID cards.
Students at Clemson University, Georgetown University, University of Tennessee, University of Kentucky, University of San Francisco, University of Vermont, Arkansas State University, South Dakota State University, Norfolk State University, Louisburg College, University of North Alabama and Chowan University will soon be able to use their student ID in Apple Wallet to get into dorms, buy lunch and more.
Once a student has added their ID card to their Wallet app, they’ll be able to hold their iPhone or Apple Watch near an on-campus reader to gain access to rooms and buildings. The whole process will be similar to how Apple Pay works and builds on the student card feature that Apple added to Wallet with the introduction of iOS 12 and watchOS 5 last year.
With Apple Pay, Apple Card, and student IDs all living in the Wallet app, there’s a lot going on in there. Add in the prepay and reward cards that already live there and the Wallet app may be one of the most-used on many devices around the globe.
You may also like to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- iOS 13 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 6 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
Like this post on Facebook